At Cold Spring Ranch:
- Our beef is 100% grass fed in free range conditions from start to finish.
- We focus on humane animal treatment and are certified with Global Animal Partnership for animal welfare.
- No animals are ever put in confinement conditions.
- We provide our animals with their natural diet in their natural environment.
- We work with our local USDA-inspected processor to produce the safest meat possible.
- Our high quality beef is raised with no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, antibiotics, steroids, or added hormones.
- We make continual changes and improvements to manage our land and animals in sustainable manner.
When compared to conventional beef, grass fed beef is 2 to 4 times higher in omega-3 fatty acids and has 3 to 5 times the amount of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), an anti-carcinogenic. Grass fed beef contains approximately 4 times higher levels of Vitamin E and tends to be very lean. Furthermore, grass fed beef has 400% more Vitamin A, a powerful cancer fighting antioxidant and eyesight enhancing vitamin, and has 75% more beta carotene. All of the grass fed beef we produce at Cold Spring Ranch is from animals with Angus based genetics, which we have found to improve the tenderness and flavor of our beef as well. For more information about the benefits of grass feed beef visit All Things Grass Fed.